Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Keys, and a Blue Snake Pulls Out a Gold Bracelet

A bunch of us were at the office at night due to some kind of convention or event. Steve m was cleaning out a cubicle as I watched. There was a file holder with a bunch of keys in them that he started to throw away, and I stopped him. Then Jenny G from TNT came up and said no, I had to throw them out. But I thought I needed them and made Steve keep them even though it was in a messy pile and I didn't necessarily know what they opened.

I was walking through the lobby and walked past the "Derek C" show (Jeremy H's psychic). His face was painted in white outline against a blue wall. This was clearly where the studio audience went to go see his show live.

Then I was outside somewhere that looked like Harlem. I watched a hispanic street guy washing something blue by one of those roller carts. When I looked again, I realized it was a big blue snake (same bright blue as Derek C's show's wall) that he was washing. The man was holding him out like he was a little afraid. I had for some reason swallowed a gold chain and some other things. Before I knew it, I had the blue snake in my stomach, and his head was coming out of my mouth. I freaked, but then realized that I just had to relax my stomach and the snake would come out. When he came out completely, the gold bracelet came out with him. I swallowed it back.

The snake slithered out to the corner where some regular moms stood with children and their dogs. The mom welcomed the snake as if she knew the snake, as if it were a cute dog.
-----
I had called Derek C bc I knew I had to make some big decisions. I let him know later that I thought it was a lot of money, until I had to make a big decision where I really needed to talk to him. At first I thought the topic for discussion would be about ph vs us med, but this morning I realized I should talk to him about Columbia v Hunter since I got a 2nd interview at C for a research job although it paid half of what I make now, with little chance to publish. I am loving my work at S right now and my salary so I feel really torn. Last night I had gone to orientation at H and told C and Frank about the decision. I really don't know what I'll do if I'm offered the position. I really want to continue work with S but don't know if that's possible, even on a consulting basis with school and f/t at Columbia.

This dream is clearly related to that conflict over losing half my salary to the possible C med ctr research position that may be offered to me (I got a second interview yesterday).

Keys represent opportunity and unexpected changes. Work (Steve M) has been presenting opportunities lately, and my pursuit of medicine/passion (which Jenny G represents through TNT) represents my having to reject the opportunities that my work with S presents.

Blue represents intellectual and spiritual insights. The blue snake stand for fear... as well as transformation, death, rebirth as a result of those insights. Perhaps the dream says that once I let go of the fear, that is what will bring rebirth and success out of me (gold). But I wanted to keep the gold in my stomach. Stomach represents new changes, which hold success and wealth but it is shown to me before it is given to me in the transformation.

And the mothers who welcomed the snake like a cute pet -- I viewed them in the dream as typical, average people with family and kids -- a future I feel really ambivalent about at this point. Yet the snake leaves me to the gold and becomes a pet of the average person, who I am not. Not sure what that's about.

No comments: