Monday, July 27, 2009

White kit

me, inge, and 2 other girls (heidi maybe, and another inexperienced one) were on comedy central and had on white kits. the inexperienced girl didn't know anything, was confused... i knew when i should wear my kit and when i shouldn't. We went to a theater/locker room somewhere (locker room was upstairs), I was offstage taking off the kit when K walked on stage and started reading something I'd written about wanting to sell some stuff, to a crowd out in the audience. She began to criticize it onstage, saying I should have stated it more simply. It was written in a very complicated, overly formal way (like a bad med school essay).
Later K and I were at someone's house, preparing food in their kitchen. I asked her how I could change it to be simpler, and she started to say but I already knew and told her how I would. Then I asked her why she had to go and criticize me in front of a whole bunch of people like that.

---
I know now that I am exceptionally smart and talented, and furthermore am able to stand up for myself.
I think there's something also about image and the costume, that I know my true self and only put on the image when it's needed for less enlightened people, since i can't walk around with a harvard diploma all day.
Also I will stand up for myself, although I doubt myself initially -- but I overcome it and realize again, that I am talented, smart and can overcome others' criticisms and even learn from them. Whether the criticism is reasonable or not, I'll learn how realistic or unrealistic that person is.

No comments: