Wednesday, September 20, 2006

anabaptist queens college and obnoxious neighbors

I was somehow connected with a new innovative college in NYC called anabaptist queens college. It was all about encouraging creativity and learning through innovative, unusual teaching methods. There was a video brochure that showed student testimonials of how they were able to complete museum quality sculpture and other fantastic projects. One picture I remember were a bunch of dummies tossed in a bix box with the real artists, smiling from inside the box. But the college was having a hard time with accountability and the state was threatening to shut it down. I believe the video was a response to this threatened shutdown.

I was in a dorm or apartment with a lot of young people, working on a report. Dave and some friends wanted to go. I said they had to wait, because I had to finish what I was doing and put on my shoes. After a while they asked if I was ready, and I still was not. Some random neighbor living above me in a loft started yelling at me about this, and I ranted back at him very angrily - "you don't know my background or anything about me!!!!! how dare you start yelling at me like that!"

No comments: