Monday, July 12, 2004

interpretation: you have to fight for yourself

i just spent the whole evening looking for either a new 2 bedroom to rent or a place to buy under 200k in manhattan. i'm just so tired of this place though i love my neighborhood. then i decided to stop by this blog and check out some of my old entries. as i read back on some of my dreams over the past few months (all the uncertainty, and the final breakup in May). then it hit me:

"you have to fight for yourself"

that's what dr. r said once. i know it was an interpretation. i thought all those dreams were about med school but now i'm realizing they are more than that. they are also about my emotional life and my relationship with jay. they are about a transformation that i have been resisting for some time.

dr. peck talks about "bracketing" in the road less traveled. that's when you allow a part of yourself to die off so that a part of yourself will grow. "pruning," a word tita m. used too. that definitely applies here.

it's amazing how things in life can come together yet could easily pass you by-

No comments: